The Administrative Assistant is instrumental to the smooth running of the CatchOn Hong Kong office. You will be responsible for administrative activities including managing the operational systems, liaising with outside service vendors (accountant, IT vendors, etc), ensuring office equipment is maintained, and greeting all visitors to CatchOn.
- Manage vendor/supplier relations including shortlisting and securing the most competitive quotes and favourable terms from potential vendors, troubleshooting, and coordinating services including overseeing:
- Office equipment repair or replacement (photocopier, printers, scanners, coffee machine, etc)
- Cleaning crew to ensure cleanliness and orderliness of office
- Phone, computer & IT systems
- Manager telephone reception duties to ensure coverage and direct calls to appropriate staff
- Perform reception duties for all office visitors
- Order office stationery and pantry-related items and track appropriate inventory levels
- Maintain publication subscriptions and arrange couriers
- Facilitate the office’s medical, professional liability, and travel insurance plans, ensuring payment and renewals and updates according to staffing changes
- Maintain the soft and hard filing systems for confidential client contracts
- Create, design or establish new systems, forms or templates to continually improve daily office operations and efficiencies and implement cost-saving measures
- Train office staff on the usage and implementation of administrative systems and ensure full compliance
- Support Office Manager in Human Resources related tasks including recruitment support, coordination of orientation for new joiners and other ad-hoc tasks as required
- Oversee the work of the HK accountant in the client billing process to ensure:
- Expenses are processed for invoicing in an accurate and timely fashion and invoices are mailed out on time
- Reimbursement procedures are followed as per company policy
- Tracking of business trip expenses and mobile phone subsidies
- Coordinate with HK accountant to ensure client invoices are paid and overdue invoices are pursued
- Monitor the work of the China accountant to ensure compliance and alignment with:
- Daily bookkeeping
- Fa piao issuance
- Audit Report
- Staff insurance account and payment
- Oversee the work of the computer vendors for
- Regular maintenance of the office’s IT systems
- Necessary replacement and/or upgrades of hardware (eg, computer, scanner, etc) and installation of software
- Provide troubleshooting support to the office staff
- Maintain the Computer System User Manual including information on overall set-up, purchase history, forecasted upgrades, and troubleshooting guidelines
- Ensure company-wide share folders are organized and used appropriately
- Oversee the email system (Gmail) including account set up, basic use of Gmail, access link outside Hong Kong, and outlook express
- Execute updates to the company website and monitor enquiries received from the website and the CatchOn general email account
- Provide scheduling and meeting support to the office staff and manage calendar for Managing Director
- Facilitate travel arrangements for senior staff and clients
- Support the collation, updating and formatting of relevant reports using powerpoint
- Ensure company documentation is kept up-to-date
Skills & Values
- 3 years of experience in an office administration role
- Basic understanding of HR and accounting processes
- University graduate with excellent command of both written and spoken English, Mandarin and Cantonese
- Computer proficiency in MS Office, Words, Excel, Power Point & Chinese word processing (Photoshop will be an advantage)
- Excellent time management skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
We look for candidates who can demonstrate, understand and apply our workplace values, including:
- Creativity: Imagination untethered who dares to be different.
- Confidence: Wisdom and maturity. Common sense and critical thinking.
- Integrity: Trustworthiness and dependability.
- Passion: Driven from within. Demonstrates commitment and ownership.
- Collaboration: An emphasis on teamwork and a win/win mentality
CatchOn was founded in 2000 out of a simple desire to do good work with and for good people. Through the years, we’ve worked with people -- partners, employees, clients –- who share the same vision. We joined the Finn Partners, a global integrated PR and marketing agency, in January 2019.
We are proud of the ‘hybrid’ nature of our consultancy. With combined expertise in brand development, marketing communications, market research and PR, we help create and communicate new businesses and brands, and reinvent existing ones. We work together to deliver breakthrough results for our clients.
We have offices in Hong Kong and Shanghai and an impressive client portfolio in hospitality, F&B, design, lifestyle and luxury. Known for our dynamic and nurturing corporate culture and longstanding client relationships, our agency continues to grow and we are always on the look-out for strong talent.
About Finn Partners, Inc.
Founded in late 2011 on the core principles of innovation and collaborative partnership, Finn Partners has more than tripled in size in seven years, becoming one of the fastest growing independent public relations agencies in the world. The full-service marketing and communications company’s record setting pace is a result of organic growth and integrating new companies and new people into the FINN world through a common philosophy. With more than 650 professionals, FINN provides its clients with global access and capabilities in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
We offer attractive salaries as well as career advancement opportunities to the right candidates. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Interested candidates should send detailed resume including availability and current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants are welcomed to find out more about us on our website or follow us on social media on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn to get the latest updates.