Tagsamber, Asia's 50 Best Restaurants, catchoncurates, Catherine Feliciano-Chon, chefs, cheftalk, doyoucatchon, F&B, Food Trends, landmarkmandarinoriental, mandarinorientalgroup
Ahead of Amber’s exciting six-hands (!) dinner with two of Japan’s most innovative restaurants tomorrow night, we ask the award-winning Richard Ekkebus twleve questions during a quick tête-à-tête.
1. Name a tool/gadget you can’t live without?
A spoon: to taste & to plate
2. Describe your personality as a flavor profile?
Umami the fifth taste that has shaped my cooking personality over the past years; the taste of more…..
3. An ingredient you’re currently crazy about?
Mirabelle plums; acidic/sweet in small format
4. An ingredient that vexes you?
Kiwi, I had an overkill when I was a young chef. It is a super retro ingredient.
5. What is your ‘holy grail’ ingredient (something you’d die to get your hands on)?
The new ingredient coming now in season…
6. What do you snack on?
Bounties with dark chocolate as a sweet snack, crisp golden brown French fries as a savory one
7. A movie character that best describes you in the kitchen?
Leonardo Di Caprio, obvious no?
8. Name a song that best describes your style of cooking.
Are you Going with Me by Pat Metheny
9. If you only had three things you could eat for the rest of your life, what would they be?
Caviar, Kabocha pumpkin & bitter chocolate
10. Instagram or Facebook? Why?
Instagram because it is visual
11. One app on your phone you can’t live without?
Kindle as it permits me to read my library whenever where ever.
12. Please fill in the blank space: If I weren’t a chef, I’d be…
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and recieve notifications of new posts by email.